Meet Can't Get Riite (CGR)
Bio: Music producer from Philadelphia, PA. I call myself a multi-genre producer because I make diverse music ranging from Hip Hop and R&B to House and Club music. Check out my beats here.
History: I was introduced to beat-making at the age of 12 when I found FL Studio on my parent's desktop. I played with FL's software just for fun but it wasn't until I was 18 that I started making beats again and taking it serious.
I started off making beats on my iPod Touch, using an app called iMashcine, since I didn't have my own laptop yet. After getting my first laptop in 2012, I then bought Native Instruments' Mikro beat pad and Maschine software; since then, I've been locked in. I taught myself how to produce through watching YouTube tutorials and playing around with my software. After years of constant producing and learning, I progressed to be the humble producer I am to-date.
- CardoGotWings - Pharrell - AraabMuzik - Timberland - Swizz Beatz
- Maschine - Maschine 2 - Mixx (Digital DJ) - Audacity
- Akai LPK 25 (Piano) - Maschine Mikro (Beat Pad)
- At 19, as the youngest producer in the contest, placed 3rd in iStandard's 2013 Producer Showcase in Philadelphia, PA.
- Received advice from Grammy-Nominated music producers Omen, Pop Wonsel and Dilemma, all saying "Your beats have range".
- Matt Weis, famous engineer and mixer, told me "You got real potential, your sound is different. A lot of people might take a while to accept it but your sound is yours.".
Active Since: 2011